Reel, A Dorian, Traditional Irish
- Video – Flook & Crosswind ‘Matt Peoples’ Reels’ – Matt Peoples’ Reels #1 & #2. Live performance of the bands Flook and Crosswind at Celtic Days Festival Hude. (The second tune starts at time 1:31 in this recording.)
- Video – Matt Molloy, Paul Brady, Tommy Peoples: Matt Peoples’ (Reels) – Matt Peoples’ Reels #1 & #2, from the album Molloy, Brady, Peoples (Mulligan Records, 1978). (The second tune starts at time 0:48 in this recording. The pitch is approximately B flat — about 135 cents above standard A.)
- Video – Kevin Burke & Mícheál Ó Domhnaill: The Pigeon on the Gate/Lafferty’s Reel/ Matt Peoples’ Reel – from the album Promenade. (Matt Peoples’ Reel starts at time 2:51 in this recording. The pitch is about 40 cents below standard A.)
As always for traditional tunes, the musical notation and chords do not indicate the “right” way to play the tune, but are a useful reference.
Play from the Dots
Examples of sets that include this tune.
- The Pigeon on the Gate / Lafferty’s Reel / Matt Peoples’ Reel #1
- Matt Peoples’ Reel #1 / Matt Peoples’ Reel #2
References and Resources
For those who want to dig deeper, here are some other resources.