Jig, E Dorian, Traditional Irish
- Video – Anthea Lawrence: Morrison’s Jig/The Butterfly/Swallowtail Jig – played on fiddle. From the album Fiddlehead.
Dots (Music Notation)
As always for traditional tunes, the musical notation and chords do not indicate the “right” way to play the tune, but are a useful reference.
Play from the Dots
Examples of sets that include this tune.
- Morrison’s Jig (E Dorian) / Kesh Jig (G) / Swallowtail Jig (E Dorian)
References and Resources
For those who want to dig deeper, here are some other resources.
- Lesson – Kevin Burke (FiddleVideo) Morrison’s Jig – Irish Fiddle Lesson by Kevin Burke – partial lesson taught on fiddle. (Full lesson requires subscription to FiddleVideo.)
- Lesson – Mando Mike (Mike Giverin): Morrison’s Jig – Mandolin Lesson (Beginner & Intermediate)
- Article: Dorian, Mixolydian, Oh My: Modes in a Nutshell, by Jonathan Lay, TrailJams