Jig, A Dorian, Traditional Irish
- Video – Kevin Burke: Paddy Fahy’s Jigs/Cliffs Of Moher – solo fiddle, from the album If the Cap Fits. (The Cliffs of Moher begins at time 1:03 in this recording.)
- Video – Shane Farrell: Cliffs of Moher Irish Jig. Irish Tenor Banjo Music
Sheet Music (Dots)
As always for traditional tunes, the musical notation and chords do not indicate the “right” way to play the tune, but are a useful reference.
Play from the Dots
Examples of sets that include this tune.
- Lilting Banshee Jig Set: Lilting Banshee (A Dorian) / Cliffs of Moher (A Dorian
References and Resources
For those who want to dig deeper, here are some other resources.
- Lesson: Kevin Burke (Fiddlevideo): The Cliffs Of Moher (Jig): Fiddle Lesson by Kevin Burke – partial lesson. (Full lesson requires subscription to Fiddlevideo.)
- Lesson – Mandolessons (Baron Collins Hill): The Cliffs of Moher – mandolin lessons with sheet music, video, and play-along audio tracks.
- Lessons – Online Academy of Irish Music: The Cliffs of Moher – lessons on button accordion, tenor banjo, and guitar (accompaniment); play-along virtual session. (Requires subscription to OAIM.)
- Article – Jonathan Lay (TrailJams): Dorian, Mixolydian, Oh My: Modes in a Nutshell
- Webpage – The Session: Cliffs of Moher – crowdsourced sheet music, comments, and other information